13 Apr Putting railing around Freshwater, Wastewater, or Sea Water (Saline water) present itself with several challenges.
- First, you have the fact that there is water everywhere, and water and metal don’t have good chemistry.
- In addition to the water-rich environment, you have the added challenge of construction difficulties. If you are installing railing on a walkway around water, you might only be able to get access from one side.
- To further complicate matters, in the water industry or jetty you often have complex pieces of machinery that need to be protected, making for complicated paths for the railing to get around the equipment.
Finally, moreover, you usually need to add a toe board or kick plate to keep things from being kicked into water. Installing a railing around water can be a complicated process.
Making it Easier and More Cost-Effective
Here at Chemey Techsolutions LLP we utilize EnduRail Structural railing fittings to design aluminium railings that meet the complex challenges of installing a railing in water-rich environments.
- To start with, the fittings and pipe are designed to resist corrosion, All Aluminum. No welding means a simpler, faster and more cost-effective installation. When using pre-coated steel pipe, the protective coating of the railing is not damaged in the installation process. This makes the railing last much longer when exposed to water.
- In most cases, a few simple tools and a drill is all that is required to complete the installation. Most installations can be completed by in-house maintenance staff, rather than higher-priced technical labour. Even in the case where you need to outsource installation, the simple method requires only standard contractors, rather than specialized labour. The simplicity of installation also means that the railing will be ready faster.
- Getting around complex machinery is as simple as finding the right fittings and cutting the pipe to length. No need for complex pipe bends! The fittings come in many different angles to help get your railing into those difficult locations.
- Toeboard and kick plate is much easier. Using a newly designed toe plate, it can be attached to post/upright with simple channel nut, without welding.
Hopefully, this review demonstrates why railings built with EnduRail fittings are superior to install against a welded handrail. Our sales engineers will be glad to help provide you with assistance when specifying or acquiring the necessary equipment to install a handrail.
Find out more about our OSHA compliant railings and products that apply to the Industrial Safety & Municipal and Water Industries.